How to UKCA Mark to the Construction Products Regulation 2011
Often referred to as the CPR
What does it cover?
‘construction product’ means any product or kit which is produced and placed on the market for incorporation in a permanent manner in construction works or parts thereof and the performance of which has an effect on the performance of the construction works with respect to the basic requirements for construction works.
What are the Consruction Products Regulation essential requirements?
For example System 2+
Declaration of the performance of the essential characteristics of the construction product by the manufacturer on the basis of the following items:
(a) the manufacturer shall carry out:
(i) determination of the product-type on the basis of type testing (including sampling), type calculation, tabulated values or descriptive documentation of the product;
(ii) factory production control;
(iii) testing of samples taken at the factory in accordance with the prescribed test plan;
(b) CEM International shall issue the certificate of conformity of the factory production control on the basis of:
(i) initial inspection of the manufacturing plant and of factory production control;
(ii) continuous surveillance, assessment and evaluation of factory production control.
How to create the Declaration of Performance
1. Unique identification code of the product-type:
2. Type, batch or serial number or any other element allowing identification of the construction product as required pursuant to Article 11(4):
3. Intended use or uses of the construction product, in accordance with the applicable harmonised technical specification, as foreseen by the manufacturer:
4. Name, registered trade name or registered trade mark and contact address of the manufacturer as required pursuant to Article 11(5):
5. Where applicable, name and contact address of the authorised representative whose mandate covers the tasks specified in Article 12(2):
6. System or systems of assessment and verification of constancy of performance of the construction product as set out in Annex V:
7. In case of the declaration of performance concerning a construction product covered by a harmonised standard:
(name and identification number of the approved body, if relevant) performed under system (description of the third party tasks as set out in Annex V) and issued (certificate of constancy of performance, certificate of conformity of the factory production control, test/calculation reports – as relevant)
8. In case of the declaration of performance concerning a construction product for which a Technical Assessment has been issued:
(name and identification number of the Technical Assessment Body, if relevant) issued (reference number of the European Technical Assessment) on the basis of (reference number of the European Assessment Document) performed under system (description of the third party tasks as set out in Annex V) and issued (certificate of constancy of performance, certificate of conformity of the factory production control, test/calculation reports – as relevant)
9. Declared performance
Notes to the table.
1. Column 1 shall contain the list of essential characteristics as determined in the harmonised technical specifications for the intended use or uses indicated in point 3 above.
2. For each essential characteristic listed in column 1 and in compliance with the requirements of Article 6, column 2 shall contain the declared performance, expressed by level or class, or in a description, related to the corresponding essential characteristics. The letters ‘NPD’ (No Performance Determined) shall be indicated where no performance is declared.
3. For each essential characteristic listed in column 1, column 3 shall contain:
(a) dated reference of the corresponding harmonised standard and, where relevant, the reference number of the Specific or Appropriate Technical Documentation used;
(b) dated reference of the corresponding Assessment Document where available and reference number of the Technical Assessment used.
|Essential characteristics (see Note 1)||Performance (see Note 2)||Harmonised technical specification (see Note 3)|
Where pursuant to Article 37 or 38 the Specific Technical Documentation has been used, the requirements with which the product complies:
10. The performance of the product identified in points 1 and 2 is in conformity with the declared performance in point 9.
This declaration of performance is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer identified in point 4.
Signed for and on behalf of the manufacturer by:
(name and function)
(place and date of issue)
The Construction Products Regulation provides a template for the Declaration of Performance.
The Construction Products Regulation harmonised standards can be checked on the UK Government website
CEM International are an Construction Products Regulation uk Approved Body number 1942 and can carry out an initial inspection of the manufacturing plant and of factory production control. We can certify an organsation on the basis of this initial assessment. CEM can also carry out continuous surveillance, assessment and evaluation of factory production control in accordance with the regulation to ensure ongoing certification.
Contact us to see how we can help.
construction products regulations 2013,construction products regulation cables,,,construction products regulation ireland,construction products regulations 1991,construction products regulation faq,